Some people could put out a full video part just riding a plank of wood around and you wouldn’t even notice. Ethan Deiss is that kind of person, but luckily he’s on good equipment. Learn more about Ethan’s set-up below.
Angles: 15 front, -15 back
Boards: Ration 148
1. The Ration is a pretty soft board, what do you like about it for your style of riding?
It’s super good for riding all types of terrain. It seems like the more you ride it, the more it begins to break into the style of riding you choose. Rails, park, powder you name it…it does it! It’s a rad board.
2. What do you do when you first take a new deck out of the plastic?
It depends; if I’m taking it to the streets I will dull the edges. If I’m heading to the park there’s nothing that needs to be done. I rip off the plastic and throw the Cobrasharks on.
3. Any tricks or tips for a solid sticker job?
Nah, I just slap ‘em on. For some people it’s an art though.
4. Tell us about your stance.
My stance varies all the time. I like changing it up. I do always duck out my front and back foot a tiny bit.
5. Do you have any superstitions or habits about your gear?
Not really, I don’t think I ever developed any habits.
6. Tell us about your tuning style.
Lately I’ve been in the streets so I take a grinder to the edges, then file them down nice and smooth. Nobody wants to catch their edge and fly face first into the stairs… been there like clockwork.
7. What bindings do you ride and why do you like them?
I’ve been riding the Malavitas but I’m getting back on the Cobrasharks, the wings are too tight.
8. Forward Lean. A little or a lot?
Umm, I have a little forward lean this year, not that much though. I have no idea why. I don’t even know what forward lean is for. Is that so you can hold a better toe edge? Just playin’ man, I know why.
9. What boots do you ride?
The Raptors. They’re a super soft, comfy boot.
10. Of all the Burton gear you have what is your single favorite piece and why?
Any Sig Fit pants, they fit super good. Not too baggy and not too tight.
Let me get a shout out here…Thanks Frankie you the man!